MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Box Management reserves the right to accept or reject as application for membership to the Box for any reason whatsoever. Members are subjected to the Box rules in force.
- Membership is personal to the member and is non-transferable, non-assignable, and non-refundable. The Box may assign the benefit of these agreements to any person, firm or company at any time with notice to the members.
- Upon acceptance, the member will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable by the type of membership for which his or her application has been accepted.
- Any member to enter the Box without an active membership will only be admitted at the absolute discretion of the Box Management.
- Membership and service fees are non-refundable.
- 100% of the membership fees are refundable within 24 hours if the training sessions have not commenced, and are due to an accidental nature. Refunds will be processed within a maximum of 4 weeks of application.
- In the event a member shall be subjected to a prolonged period of absence from the Box, a member may “Freeze” their membership by paying an administrative fee for SGD$53.50 for a maximum of 12 months All freeze requests must be submitted prior to the last day on the month, and the freeze will take effect from the 1st of the following month.
- A member must give 2 calendar week’s notice in writing to the Box Management.
- Membership freezes must be for a period of not less than one calendar month.
- Freezing will only be approved for genuine reasons of inability to attend classes. If the freeze is due to medical reasons of pregnancy, a certified true medical certificate from an approved medical practitioner is required.
- The freeze fee may be increased at any time at the discretion of the Box Management.
Physical Condition of Members
- Our staff & coaches are not medically qualified, so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you seek advice from a doctor first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly using all Box equipment. If you are unsure as to how to use any equipment, please seek a coach or a member of staff.
- The member warrants and represents that he or she is in good physical condition and that he or she knows of no medical or any other reason why he or she is not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his or her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- The member shall not use any Box facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infection, where there is risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members.
Expulsion of members
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the member’s conduct, whether or not such conduct is the subject of complaint by another member and/or members, is such that in the reasonable opinion of the Box Management, it may be injurious to the character or interests of the box.
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the member has committed any breach of these rules & regulations of the Box.
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the Box Management is of the opinion that the member is not a suitable individual for continued participation of the Box. All decisions of the Box Management under this clause are final and binding.
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the member is found to have violated the privacy of any other member or are caught in lewd or compromising actions.
- The Box’s normal hours of operations are indicated on the website as well as on the mall’s directory. The Box Management reserves the right to adjust the hours for the purposes of cleaning, repairs, special private functions and holidays. The Box Management shall endeavour to give reasonable notice of any lengthening or shortening of such hours.
- All members and guests are required to wear suitable gym attire while exercising. A Top and closed footwear must be worn at all times in the Box, except when the class in session does not require footwear.
On the Box Grounds
- All members are encouraged to undergo a starter program conducted by the Box Coaches before starting a membership program.
- Coaches are authorised to stop anyone from exercising if he or she is judged unsafe. Members must abide by the instructions of the Box Coaches.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Box.
- Members or guests may not use the facilities of the Box while under the influence of alcohol, steroids, narcotics or other mood altering substances.
Provision of Personal Data
- The Box Management recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
- You understand, acknowledge and consent to the Box Management processing, collecting and using your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing, administering and managing your membership plans;
- Processing any transactions or payments made by you and to maintain payment records;
- Contacting you or communicating with you via telephone call, text message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of processing, administering and managing your membership plans;
- For publicity purposes and conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities in order to enhance the services we provide to you, where you have consented for the Box Management to do so;
- Record-keeping purposes;
- Responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- Complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; and
- Storing, hosting and/or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data, whether within or outside Singapore.
- Lost Property will be held for a period of 1 month after which the Box Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit. Soiled apparel and gear such as shirts, pants, socks, shoes, towels, gym bags and bottles stored in a hygienic manner ie: properly bagged, will be held for a period of 3 days, after which the Box Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit. No claims shall be entertained after this period.
- The Box Management reserves the right to use any individual or group photographs of members and/or guests for press or promotional purposes without prior consent.
- The failure of the Box Management to enforce any of their respective rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of such rights.
- These rules shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and subjected to the jurisdiction of Singapore.
Limitation of Liability
- In consideration for the Box Management accepting his/her application for membership of the Box and for him/her becoming and remaining a member of the Box, the member agrees that:
- Neither CrossFit Unit, its Box Management, employees or coaches shall be responsible for any claims, demands, injuries, damages, or actions for negligence arising on account of death or due to injury, loss, damage or theft to a member’s person or property arising out of, or in connection with the use by a member of any of the services, facilities or premises of CrossFit Unit Box. The member hereby holds the Company, its related employees and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by or on a member’s behalf for any such injuries or claims aforesaid.
- Any guest of a member or temporary visitor to the Box agree to abide with the Box rules and the same limitation of liability as a member.