MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Box Management reserves the right to accept or reject any application for membership to the Box for any reason whatsoever. Members are subjected to the Box rules in force.
- Membership is personal to the member and is non-transferable, non-assignable, and non-refundable. The Box may assign the benefit of these agreements to any person, firm or company at any time with notice to the members.
- Upon acceptance, the member will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable by the type of membership for which his or her application has been accepted.
- Any member that enters the Box without an active membership will only be admitted at the absolute discretion of the Box Management.
- Membership and service fees are non-refundable.
- 100% of the membership fees are refundable within 24 hours if the training sessions have not commenced, and are due to an accidental nature. Refunds will be processed within a maximum of 4 weeks of application.
- The Box Management reserves the right to increase its monthly fee for memberships in the future. In the event this occurs, we will provide you with notice and opportunity to cancel. If ongoing, price changes will take effect at the start of the next billing date following the date of the price change. You can cancel your membership at any time prior to the commencement of the new billing cycle. By not cancelling and continuing the membership after the price change takes effect, you agree to be charged the new price.
- All CrossFit Unit monthly memberships are of an auto-recurring basis.
- The Student Unlimited Membership is only open to full-time students at accredited higher education institutions (post-graduates not applicable) who meet the additional qualifications. You will be required to submit certain information for verification. This includes your name, valid educational institution, email address, date of birth and/or other documents.
- The Senior Unlimited Membership is only open to seniors who is at least 60 years of age as stated in the Senior Citizen Act of Singapore. You will be required to submit certain information for verification. This includes your name, email address, date of birth and/or other documents.
Duration And Cancellation Terms
- Memberships are of an auto-recurring basis unless otherwise stated and varies by the Memberships billing cycle.
- In an event a member wants to cancel his or her membership, they will have to write in to email@example.com 3 days before their next billing date. Failure to do so after the billing date will result in the membership remaining active for the following month.
- In the event a member shall be subjected to a prolonged period of absence from the Box, a member may “Pause” their membership by paying an administrative fee(9% GST not included) of SGD$50.00 for a maximum duration of 20% of the member’s current plan.
- Members must give 7 calendar day’s notice in writing to the Box Management to allow ample time for processing..
- Membership pauses must be for a period of not less than one calendar week.
- Membership pauses will only be approved for genuine reasons of inability to attend classes. If the freeze is due to medical reasons of pregnancy, a certified true medical certificate from an approved medical practitioner is required.
- The 3 months unlimited membership is entitled to one complimentary pause.
- The 6 months unlimited membership is entitled to two complimentary pauses.
- The 12 months unlimited membership is entitled to three complimentary pauses.
- The membership pause fee may be increased at any time at the discretion of the Box Management.
Physical Condition of Members
- Our staff and coaches are not medically qualified. If you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you seek advice from a doctor prior to participating. For safety reasons, you are responsible for using all Box equipment in its correct way. If you are unsure as to how to use any equipment, please seek a coach or a member of staff.
- The member warrants and represents that he or she is in good physical condition and that he or she knows of no medical liability or any other reason why he or she is not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise, and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his or her health, safety, comfort or physical condition.
- The member shall not use any Box facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infection, where there is risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other members.
Expulsion of Members
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the member’s conduct, whether or not such conduct is the subject of complaint by another member and/or members, is such that in the reasonable opinion of the Box Management, it may be injurious to the character or interests of the Box.
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the member has breached the rules & regulations of the Box.
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the Box Management is of the opinion that the member is not a suitable individual for continued participation of the Box. All decisions of the Box Management under this clause are final and binding.
- The Company and/or the Box Management may terminate the membership of any member without notice and with immediate effect if the member is found to have violated the privacy of any other member or are caught in lewd or compromising actions.
- The Box’s normal hours of operations are indicated on the website as well as on the mall’s directory. The Box Management reserves the right to adjust the hours for the purposes of cleaning, repairs, special private functions and holidays. The Box Management shall endeavour to give reasonable notice of any lengthening or shortening of such hours.
- All members and guests are required to wear suitable gym attire while exercising. An appropriate top and closed footwear must be worn at all times in the Box, except when the class in session does not require footwear.
In-Box Ground Rules
- All members are encouraged to undergo the CrossFit Foundation Course conducted by coaches of the Box before commencing a membership program.
- Coaches and staff are authorised to stop anyone from exercising if her or she is deemed unsafe. Members must abide by the instructions of the coaches and staff.
- Smoking is prohibited in any part of the Box.
- Members or guests are not permitted to use the facilities of the Box while under the influence of alcohol, steroids, narcotics or any other mood altering substances.
Provision of Personal Data
- The Box Management recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
- You understand, acknowledge and consent to the Box Management processing, collecting and using your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing, administering and managing your membership plans;
- Processing any transactions or payments made by you and to maintain payment records;
- Contacting you or communicating with you via telephone call, text message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of processing, administering and managing your membership plans;
- For publicity purposes and conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities in order to enhance the services we provide to you, where you have consented for the Box Management to do so;
- Record-keeping purposes;
- Responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- Complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; and
- Storing, hosting and/or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data, whether within or outside Singapore.
Limitation of Liability
- In consideration for the Box Management accepting his/her application for membership of the Box and for him/her becoming and remaining a member of the Box, the member agrees that:
- Neither CrossFit Unit, its Box Management, employees or coaches shall be responsible for any claims, demands, injuries, damages, or actions for negligence arising on account of death or due to injury, loss, damage or theft to a member’s person or property arising out of, or in connection with the use by a member of any of the services, facilities or premises of CrossFit Unit Box. The member hereby holds the Company, its related employees and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by or on a member’s behalf for any such injuries or claims aforesaid.
- Any guest of a member or temporary visitor to the Box agree to abide with the Box rules and the same limitation of liability as a member.
- Lost Property will be held for a period of 28 days after which the Box Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit. Soiled apparel and gear such as shirts, pants, socks, shoes, towels, gym bags and bottles stored in a hygienic manner ie: properly bagged, will be held for a period of 7 days, after which the Box Management reserves the right to dispose of the items in any way it sees fit. No claims shall be entertained after this period.
- The Box Management reserves the right to use any individual or group photographs of members and/or guests for press or promotional purposes without prior consent.
- The failure of the Box Management to enforce any of their respective rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of such rights.
- These rules shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and subjected to the jurisdiction of Singapore.